Monday, June 6, 2011

gettin all crazy on making stuff!!

last week and the week before I spent a lot of time procrastinating about an assignment that I really needed to finish but wasn't motivated to do... so instead I was going bananas making a whole lot of craft stuff :D

I have visited the museum a few times since ANZAC day (April 25th) and was inspired by the scars on the heart memorial to make some war medal-inspired brooches.
These were made to add to my mens accessory collection (tie pins and cufflinks)]
Using vintage NZ coins and hand-sewed kiwiana trim, I came up with these.
The reat thing is, they aren't strictly for men! then next ones to be created will have lace also...so won't be for men :P

Photobucket

the left-over trim was used to make Earrings:
Photobucket


After a request for more butterfly jewellery, I decided to make some new earrings rings brooches and pendants
Photobucket

Photobucket

the green one is available for sale on the 'felt' website and can be shipped internationally:
http://felt.co.nz/listing/52857/Resin-Artwork-Pendant----The-green-Monarch

Photobucket

While cleaning up craft stuff in the basement came across this fabric trimming that
I picked up in Bulgaria, I couldn't resist using it in something!!
I haven't decided whether it will be a brooch, a ring or a pendant yet, who knows, if I make a matching one it could be (big) earrings :D

Photobucket

I have quite recently put up a bitsy frog page on facebook and will be having competitions to win pieces of bitsy frog jewellery as I reach "like" milestones.
check it out and become a bitsyfrog "liker" to be in to win :D
www.facebook.com/bitsyfrog

No comments:

Post a Comment