Saturday, September 17, 2011

It's all about having fun :D

I haven't blogged in a wee while, I've been super busy!! since my last blog a store in Wellington (NZ) has started stocking Bitsy Frog jewellery, so I've been busy like a one woman production line *octopus arms* making butterfly bangles, lolly jewellery and medal brooches too (^-^)
here's a link to their facebook page, also if you're in the area don't forget to pop in and have a look <3 http://www.facebook.com/made.it.WGTN


Yesterday was the regular Crafternoon-tea market in Kingsland (Auckland)and it was great to see some regular faces as well as a few new ones too.

As always, every time I go to a market I like to have a new range of items to sell (as well as the regular favourites)
This time around I made things suitable for Halloween (which kids love to prepare for WAYYY in advance (why leave all the fun for just one day <3) also my girl was recently given a 'werewolf' doll called Clawdene who needs particularly gruesome food to eat apparently. So I started with a few treats for trick or treaters and some food for their parties etc - candy, cake, some black apples etc Photobucket
And from there I went a bit overboard with making things like zombie fingers and brains, eyeballs and gross insects.. which I haven't photographed, but surely close to the time I will.
I photographed they eyeball and worm jars however as I made a few to sell at the market.. just over an inch tall and the slime glows in the dark, and they were a hit!
Photobucket

The night before the market I also decided to make some matryoshkas... in miniature!!
The first attempt was a bit large (about an inch) and was hollow and could fit a smaller one inside, but long story short it was a bit of a mission trying to make the next one hollow.. so I scrapped that idea and just made a set of tiny but un-openable ones which were also popular:
Photobucket

Here's a few other stalls from the market to:
Melina Baby made cool girls dresses (which I forgot to photograph!) sock monkeys, bibs, really good modern style cloth nappies and also cool hair ties <3 Photobucket
Photobucket
here's her facebook page:

Also Saskia N Designs - Kiwiana handmade resin jewellery. It's all really nicely made!
Photobucket

Photobucket
here's her facebook page:

And one of the ladies I was next to with her stall "one Button" selling up-cycled dresses made from wool blankets, doilies etc and also plunket book covers which is such a good idea since they can get so wrecked
Photobucket
here's her facebook page:


A wee while back the family and I went to a stage show called walking with dinosaurs which was incredibly awesome. So my next project (along with more work on the doll house :D) will be dinosaur-related. I'm quite excited about it!!
Photobucket

Anyways, best be off.. as like every other stay at home mum... I have housework I should really be doing (^-^)
Ciao!!

1 comment:

  1. PS somehow the links aren't working!! arg! all can be found on facebook though :D

    ReplyDelete